A smoker bag is a very popular tools for many cooks in Finland. In the winter when the winds and the air are forbidden and cold, too cold for an outdoor grill, folks in Finland take advantage of smoker bags. Here is a recipe for pork.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast or chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves (crushed or crumbled)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
DIRECTIONS: Mix the above seasonings and rub them all over the meat. Place the meat in a smoker bag, seal it and cook based on a timeline for oven based roasting.
Where can you find a supply of smoker bags? Take a look at this Finnish manufacturer’s website at http://www.savu.fi/in_english.iw3 . They have a series of great smoker bag recipes you might enjoy.