A slightly peppery sauce to soak your venison haunches in, before applying them to your favorite hot grill.
- 1/2 cup vinegar. I prefer Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarsely crushed black pepper corns
- 1 Tablespoon of prepared mustard. I like Coleman’s made from powder ahead for this recipe.
- 3 crushed bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a sauce pan. Allow the marinade to cool. Place venison in a non metal dish, and spoon the mixture over the top. Turn the meat often and ladle the sauce over the top each time. Keep in the fridge for a few hours, the tenderest venison will be the result if marinate about 8 – 12 hours.